We, JSC “Teltonika” on behalf of Regulation 2016 / 679, General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we have created our data protection policy.
When we collect personal information
We collect information about you when you fill in any of the forms on our website for example: sending an enquiry, filling RMA sheet, signing up for an event, filling in a survey, giving feedback, or searching for new partners etc. Website usage information is collected using cookies.
Also known as browser cookies or tracking cookies, cookies are small, often encrypted text files, located in browser directories. They are used by web developers to help users navigate their websites efficiently and perform certain functions. Due to their core role of enhancing/enabling usability or website processes, disabling cookies may prevent users from using certain website functions.
We use Google Analytics to store information about how visitors use our website so we may make improvements and give visitors a better user experience. These cookies do not store any personal information about you e.g. name, address etc.
Why we collect personal information?
JSC “Teltonika” focus on B2B market, nevertheless we must collect personal data of our customers. Business to Business Clients and Contacts our lawful reason for processing your personal information will be “legitimate interests”. Under “legitimate interests” we can process your personal information if we have a genuine and legitimate reason and we are not harming any of your rights and interests.
Reasons why we collect:
- To keep you up to date with the latest, relevant content we have published;
- To perform sales and technical support processes;
- To keep you up to date with and invite to any of our public technology events;
- To collect customer feedback about our provided service quality;
- We will not share your information for marketing purposes with companies so they may not offer you their products and services.
We will not share your information for marketing purposes with companies so they may not offer you their products and services.
What is our legal basis for processing customer data?
In B2B marketing legitimate business interest to keep its partners, customers and contacts informed of our latest products and services and to manage and administer their purchases.
It’s necessary for us to use a variety of direct marketing channels and messages to ensure our contacts are kept informed, and wherever possible we make sure the messages we send are targeted and relevant.
What kinds of Personal information do we collect?
The type of information that we collect about our customer’s company Employees are:
- Name, surname, middle name;
- Phone number;
- Mobile phone number;
- Telecommunications applications nickname;
- Position in the company
We automatically receive and save certain types of information whenever you interact with this website. We use the information to monitor website traffic and to assist with the navigation and user experience on the website. Information that we will automatically receive includes:
- Requested URL (Uniform Resource Locator);
- IP (Internet Protocol) address (this may or may not identify a specific computer);
- Domain name from which you access the internet;
- Referring URL;
- Software (browser/operating system) used to access the page;
- Date and time pages were visited.
Information we obtain from other sources
Some information about you we obtain from other sources such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, your business card, personal recommendations. In this case we will inform you, by sending you this privacy notice, within a maximum of 30 days after collecting the data of the fact that we hold personal data about you.
How will we use this information and why?
At JSC “Teltonika” we take your privacy seriously and will only use personal information to provide the Services you have requested from us. We will only use this information subject to your instructions, data protection law and our duty of confidentiality.
Personal information is being filled into our internal company systems, and used by Teltonika employees in specific processes. All personal information (listed above) is used to provide good quality services which we offer to our clients and maintain best user experience.
How is this information shared?
This information is being shared among Teltonika employees using email and internal WEB systems such as: CMR, dispatch journal and Technical support Helpdesk system.
Legal basis by GDPR
- The vital interest of the individual.
- Unambiguous consent of the individual.
- Legitimate interest of the data controller.
The GDPR provides you with the following rights
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information when there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want the object to process on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal information, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party in certain formats, if practicable.
- Make a complaint to a supervisory body.
How do we respond to legal requests or prevent harm?
In response to a legal request, if we have a good-faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction affects and is consistent with internationally recognised standards.
When we have a good-faith belief that it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud, unauthorised use of the Products, breaches of our Terms or Policies, or other harmful or illegal activity, to protect ourselves (including our rights, property or Products).
Data retention and deletion
We will keep our customer data safely and securely for as long as necessary or according to customer instructions. If our customer would like to know more information how we store data about him, please contact us directly.
Request about personal data
Customers can reasonably access the personal data we hold, at any time, and we will provide that information free of charge. If you would like to request a copy of your personal data, or if you have questions in relation to your personal data, please contact us at email@example.com with the following information:
- Your full name;
- Company name;
- A description of the data that you are requesting;
- All email addresses (past and present);
From the date we receive the request we have – under the relevant legislation – 40 days to process your request.